Subject area: Politics and International Studies; Social Work and Social Policy; Sociology; Area Studies; Modern Languages and Linguistics; En
Publisher: University of Huddersfield Press
Huddersfield University Press journals are preserved in the Portico archive
Identity Papers is published biannually, in electronic-only format. The journal is fully open access with article processing charges supported by the University of Huddersfield Press. Articles are published under a Creative Commons attribution licence (CC BY), although other more restrictive licences will be considered.
About the journal
The University of Huddersfield’s Academy for British and Irish Studies was established in 2009, and this journal develops out of its varied and interdisciplinary work. It seeks a wide and cross-disciplinary audience from inside and outside the university sector, and draws on robust research to communicate ideas connected with identities in Britain and Ireland, today and in the past, in a readable way. Centrally, it aims for ‘accessibility with rigour’.
In format somewhere between an academic journal, an intelligent magazine, and a contributor blog, Identity Papers brings together the work of academics and non-academics whose research focuses on any aspect of contemporary and historical British and Irish Studies. It showcases learned comment, considered opinion, and reflective reviews relating to studies of identity and citizenship. It is a collection of thought that crosses and shifts disciplinary boundaries through dialogue and juxtaposition. It explores Britishness, Irishness, and other identities in the British Isles, and their components in the past, the present, and between the two. It frames and reframes debate, and focuses and refocuses key issues.
Its themes include, but are by no means limited to: histories, politics, culture(s), literatures, identities, minorities, extremism, racism, communities, citizenship, nationalities, regions, the post/colonial, diaspora, territories.
- Editorial Co-ordinator, Dr Jodie Matthews (School of Human and Health Sciences, University of Huddersfield).
- Professor Paul Ward (School of Music, Humanities and Media, University of Huddersfield)
- Professor Paul Thomas (School of Education and Professional Development, University of Huddersfield)
- Professor Jim McAuley (School of Human and Health Sciences, University of Huddersfield)
- Dr Dalea Bean (University of the West Indies, Jamaica)
- Dr Tanya Bueltmann (Northumbria University Newcastle, UK)
- Dr. Ander Delgado (University of the Basque Country, Spain)
- Dr John Ellis (University of Michigan, Flint, US)
- Dr Milan Ferenčík (University of Prešov, Slovakia)
- Dr Lisa Fletcher (University of Tasmania, Australia)
- Professor Romain Garbaye (Université Paris 3, Sorbonne Nouvelle, France)
- Professor Bill Jones (Cardiff University)
- Dr Kristin Lindfield-Ott (University of the Highlands and Islands)
- Dr Jim MacPherson (University of the Highlands and Islands)
- Professor Don MacRaild (University of Ulster, NI)
- Dr Paul Nesbitt-Larking (Huron University College, Canada)
- Professor Stephen Royle (Queen’s University Belfast, NI)
- Professor Gavin Schaffer (Birmingham University)
- Dr Daniel Travers (Laurentian University, Canada)
- Dr Philipp Erchinger (University of Düsseldorf)
Submit to the journal
The editors of Identity Papers welcome submissions from authors, further details of how to submit are avaliable below:
To contact the editor, please email the editors
To contact the University Press, please email firstname.lastname@example.org